Architectural Structure Committee
Chairman of Committee / Qi Wuhui
Chief Engineer of Beijing Institute of Architectural Design Co., Ltd
Architectural Structure Committee of the Civil Engineering Architectural Society of Beijing is a principal member of CEASB, which takes charge of implementing tasks assigned by its superior competent departments and structure works of the Committee. The Committee is composed of structural bellwethers and technical experts of CEASB members from design firms, colleges and universities, scientific research institutes and other organizations concerned in Beijing.
Aiming for leading structural progress and supporting technology promotion, the Committee mainly focuses on popularizing and promoting advanced technologies of the structure field, pushing forward technological progress of the structure sector, improving design and practicing level of architectural structure, reporting technological achievements to competent departments, creating opportunities to inspire the structural designers for innovation and publicizing their achievements, and promoting communication and cooperation with architectural structure committees in other cities.
Under the leadership of CEASB, the Committee, in accordance with CEASB Charters, independently organizes and conducts the following professional activities:
1. Organize academic seminars, communications, researches and surveys of the architecture structure specialty;
2. Popularize specialized knowledge and promote advanced technologies of the architecture structure specialty;
3. Provide consulting and technical services of the architecture structure specialty;
4. Organize design creation competitions and appraisal of excellent architectural works, and undertake project assessment and outcome appraisal for projects consigned by the government;
5. Develop international academic exchanges to promote international scientific and technical cooperation and friendly communication;
6. Jointly organize or independently hold training programs, workshops and courses for advanced studies as needed by the sector and the members for development, in an attempt to improve the members' professional level;
7. Host professional exhibitions, edit and publish academic books and journals;
8. Organize various activities to serve concerned departments and members.